Mounties shut down Langley FB party
Aug 22, 2012 / 3:26 pm
RCMP in Langley say they have effectively shut down a house party that was set to go ahead in the Fraser Valley community this weekend.
The party was being advertised on Facebook and had 1,000 potential guests.
Police say attendees will find numerous roadblocks and traffic checks instead.
RCMP investigators have been in contact with those believed responsible for the Facebook invitation and now believe it may have been a hoax.
The author has since removed the invitation.
Langley RCMP say they will deploy additional police and volunteer resources as a precaution to ensure public safety.
Abbotsford and Transit police have also been made aware of the potential for a large gathering.
Information is also being shared with police agencies in the Lower Mainland.
Read more BC News
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
(Click for RSS instructions.)