5.2 quake off Washington coast
Aug 19, 2012 / 10:32 am
Natural Resources Canada is reporting a magnitude 5.2 quake occurred Sunday morning off the coast of Washington State.
The quake happened at 1:07 a.m., Sunday August 19 at a depth of 10.7 kilometres.
Tofino was the closest city in BC to the epicentre, which was located 279 Kilometres west-southwest of the city at Latitude 47.54 north and Longitude 128.81 west.
So far no warnings have been issued for coastal areas and no damage has been reported.
Read more BC News
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
(Click for RSS instructions.)