Man gets 9 months for sex with girl, 13
Aug 8, 2012 / 8:24 pm
A 37-year-old Kamloops, BC, man has been sentenced to nine months in jail for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
Owen Armstrong was convicted of sexually interfering with someone under the age of 16 and of luring.
He and the girl met in 2010 after she posted an Internet ad seeking sex with an older man, but Armstrong maintained he did not know she was 13.
Provincial Court Judge Herman Rohrmoser said the girl is a troubled and vulnerable youth and the age gap between the two called for a significant sentence.
In addition to the nine months in jail, Armstrong will be on probation for 18 months. (CHNL)
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)