Carriage tour turns into street race
Aug 1, 2012 / 9:55 pm
A carriage horse in Victoria decided to buck the trend and take off on its own Wednesday afternoon.
Victoria police say the animal was spooked when it was clipped by a passing tour bus and then bucked, knocking two of three riders out of the carriage before taking flight through the streets.
One of the riders remained inside the carriage, getting far more than his money's worth as the horse pulled it through streets at top speed.
The remaining passenger was tossed from the buggy when the horse hit another car before stopping on its own.
Paramedics say none of the injuries were serious.
Police are investigating how the initial collision between the horse and the first automobile occurred.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)