Williams Lake arrest investigated
Jul 27, 2012 / 9:17 pm
West Vancouver police have been called in to investigate a central Interior Mountie after an arrest he conducted sent a BC man to hospital.
A 35-year-old was injured and remains in hospital following a vehicle chase by police from the areas of Quesnel to Williams Lake.
Few details have been released about the incident, which took place last Saturday.
Williams Lake RCMP have asked several investigators from the outside force to conduct a criminal examination of what happened that day.
The West Vancouver department says it's committed to carrying out the investigation in a fair, transparent and timely manner.
The Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP has also been notified.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)