Mudslide near Fairmont Hot Springs
Jul 15, 2012 / 8:58 pm
A mudslide has closed the northbound lane of a highway 93.
Highway 93 near Fairmont Hot Springs is closed in both directions as crews assess the situation.
The slide is in the same region as a massive landslide that wiped out three cabins in the hamlet of Johnson's Landing on Kootenay Lake.
Heavy rain and a late snow melt have caused havoc across the Kootenays this summer, with flooding and mudslides taking place as many rivers and lakes in the area reached a 40-year high.
Send photos and video to email@example.com
Read more BC News
- Snow hits the Coquihalla & 97C
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
(Click for RSS instructions.)