Pilot dead after plane crash
Jul 1, 2012 / 7:22 pm
A pilot did not survive a plane crash near Williams Lake, Saturday.
On June 30th, 2012, at 9:55 pm the Williams Lake RCMP were advised of an overdue float plane.
The private plane had departed Williams Lake around 1:40 pm and was due to return to Williams Lake at 5:00 PM. Search and Rescue were advised and a fixed wing aircraft and helicopter were dispatched from Comox.
An aerial search was conducted and a downed float plane was located approximately 9 kms North West of Williams Lake, near the Fraser River. Examination of the scene confirmed the pilot and lone occupant of this aircraft and did not survive the crash.
The investigation is now being lead by the BC Coroners Service with assistance from the RCMP. The name of the pilot is not being released at this time.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)