Missing man found dead in crawlspace
Jun 12, 2012 / 9:20 am
A man missing from Kamloops since March 26 has been found, deceased.
Balwinder Singh Dhillon was located in the crawl space of his family run Tournament Inn Motel by workers doing repairs to the floors.
According to Sgt. Grant Learned, when family reported Dhillon missing it was initially suspected that he may have left to spend time with relatives and friends in the Surrey area.
"Dhillon had a history of abruptly leaving Kamloops for various periods of time, but his long term absence and lack of contact with any family members was considered out of character."
The preliminary investigation has ruled out foul play in connection with the death. The major Crime Unit attended the scene along with the Provincial Coroner, however the cause of death could not be established at the scene.
Read more BC News
- Snow hits the Coquihalla & 97C
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
(Click for RSS instructions.)