Teenager critical after shooting
Jun 12, 2012 / 7:08 am
A teenager is in critical but stable condition and Vancouver police are searching for the person who gunned him down.
The incident happened at about 12:30 a.m. in south Vancouver and investigators say the attack does not appear random.
They say the 17-year-old was outside when he was hit several times in the torso.
Witnesses report hearing gunfire and the sound of a vehicle racing from the scene.
Police say no arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified.
There's no word yet if the victim is known to police or if the attack may be linked to gangs or drugs.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)