Disabled woman's attacker arrested
May 16, 2012 / 3:15 pm
Police have arrested one of two men accused of attacking a disabled woman and stealing her tablet computer in Burnaby, B.C.
The attack happened aboard a SkyTrain car stopped at a transit station last week when the men grabbed an iPad belonging to Cassie Campbell, who is deaf, has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair.
She tried to hold on to the computer and was knocked over and hit in the arm and face before the thieves managed to wrench it out of her hands and run off.
The arrest came after police released pictures of the men captured by video surveillance cameras.
The iPad was Campbell's main means of communication.
After the original story broke, a Good Samaritan bought Campbell a new iPad. (News1130)
Read more BC News
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
(Click for RSS instructions.)