Apparent drive-by claims man's life
May 2, 2012 / 12:00 pm
VANCOUVER - A man has been shot to death in Vancouver.
The incident occurred at around 9:30 this morning (Wednesday) on a south Vancouver street.
Police have released few details but say the shooting appears to have been a drive-by attack.
They haven't said if the victim is known to them or if the slaying is linked to gangs or drugs.
B.C. gangster Thomas Gisby was shot dead last week in Mexico.
There's no confirmed link between the Gisby slaying and the Vancouver shooting, but RCMP Chief Supt. Dan Malo has warned of possible retaliation within the B.C. gang scene. (The Canadian Press)
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)