RCMP make arrest in Duncan murders
Apr 21, 2012 / 2:30 pm
Mounties on Vancouver Island have identified a 24-year-old man who has been arrested in connection with the deaths of two women.
Police say William Gordon Robert Elliott was picked up without incident in Duncan on Friday and faces two counts of first degree murder.
The body of 18-year-old Tyeshia Jones was found Jan. 28, 2011 in a wooded area of the city, after she was reported missing and a seven-day search.
The burned remains of 42-year-old Karrie-Ann Stone were located in a wooded area on July 12, 2010, the same day she was reported missing.
RCMP Supt. Jim Gresham says the investigation took thousands of hours, hundreds of interviews and detailed forensic analysis.
Police say the suspect remains in custody and is expected to appear in provincial court next week.
Read more BC News
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
(Click for RSS instructions.)