53312
49467

BC  

Balcony rescue in fire

Residents of an Abbotsford apartment building had to be rescued from their balconies during a fire early Friday.

About a dozen people were brought down by ladder in the incident about 2:30 a.m. on George Ferguson Way.

The blaze started in the third floor elevator lobby, blocking the hallway so residents could not escape.

Everyone was evacuated safely.

"I thought it was just an alarm, so I went back to bed," resident Olivia Knight told CTV. "I looked out the window, and someone told me it was a real fire. So I grab my dog and by the time we got out, the windows already burst and there was glass all over the ground and pretty big flames."

A few residents were treated for minor smoke inhalation and one injured his shoulder while coming down the ladder.

– with files from CTV Vancouver



More BC News

BC
133207
Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by webcams.travel
57111
Recent Trending
132191
Okanagan Oldies
59310
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
134728



57659
134746