59975
58584

BC  

Woman burned in tent fire

A homeless Chilliwack woman is in hospital after her tent went up in flames Wednesday.

Jennifer Nielson-Bird was severely burned in the early morning fire beside a church on Williams Street.

It's believed the fire was started by an open flame she was using to keep warm.

“We’ve been together 12 years. She’s a very kind person and the most beautiful person in the world,” her partner, Calvin Garner, told CTV.

Staff at a local shelter say they tried to convince her to stay there.

“There was room for her, but she chose not to. She went up the street and set up camp,” said Bill Radiate at Ruth and Naomi’s Mission. 

– with files from CTV Vancouver

 



More BC News

BC
132331
Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by webcams.travel
57111
Recent Trending
59578
Okanagan Oldies
59310
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
133138



58710
133169