Man dies after ingesting fentanyl
A 38-year-old man from Abbotsford has died after ingesting fentanyl.
Abbotsford police say the case is unusual because the man did not appear to be aware he was taking the substance in its pure form, and officers will be investigating.
The man was found in medical distress in his trailer home and rushed to hospital where he died.
A bag of fentanyl was found in the man's trailer, and police decontaminated the home because of safety concerns.
No one in the surrounding area was asked to leave because of safety issues, and officers do not believe the trailer was a drug lab.
Fentanyl is a potent painkiller that can be dangerous because it can be quickly absorbed through a person's skin or lungs.
No other details are being released.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more BC News
- Man sentenced for targeting kidsKelowna - 3:00 pm
- Student stabbed to deathCanada - 2:02 pm
- Scams plague OkanaganVernon / N. Okanagan - 2:14 pm
- Scam man has 44 convictionsKelowna - 11:51 am