A recent ranking by the popular travel website TripAdvisor.com has named the best parks in the world, and the number one spot has been reserved for something in BC.
Vancouver’s Stanley Park has taken the honour, and sits as the only Canadian park in the top 10.
According to CTV Vancouver, the ranking is based on millions of reviews left by travelers and tourists who visit the park, and the website. Winners were determined by an algorithm that sorted reviews by quality and quantity over a 12-month period.
Central Park, possibly the most famous park in the world, ranked third. But despite not taking top spot, the US is home to eight of the top 25 parks in the world.
Here’s the full list of the top 10 world parks:
- Stanley Park, Vancouver, Canada
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
- Central Park, New York City, USA
- Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- High Line, New York City, USA
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth, Australia
- Guell Park, Barcelona, Spain
- Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Retiro Park, Madrid, Spain
- Luxembourg Gardens, Paris, France