Pilot injured in small plane crash
Nov 3, 2013 / 4:50 pm
A pilot was taken to hospital Sunday after his home-built Zodiac plane crashed during take-off at the Delta Heritage Airpark.
Delta Police say the plane experienced unknown difficulties and touched down, before lifting off again and crash landing in an area of weeds around the runway.
The 38-year-old pilot was the only occupant.
Police say the pilot suffered a broken leg in the crash, and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
His name has not been released.
Police say the Transportation Safety Board was advised of the crash, and their own preliminary investigation suggests there were no external factors or problems with the plane that contributed to the accident.
Read more BC News
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
- Coquitlam crash kills two
- Liberals now forecasting $165M surplus
(Click for RSS instructions.)