Hwy. 5 travel advisory lifted
Nov 3, 2013 / 6:00 am
6 a.m. Nov. 3 update: The travel advisory has ended for Coquihalla. The alert was issue after black ice blanketed much of the route last night (Saturday).
Travellers can expect slushy with slippery Sections on the route today.
Hwy. 97C conditions:
Compact Snow, slushy with limited visibility due to fog patches from junction with Highway 5A, at Aspen Grove to Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) (49.5 km).
9:20 p.m. Nov. 2: DriveBC reports a Travel Advisory for Highway 5.
Highway 5 Both directions due to Black Ice from Merritt to Exit 336, Junction with Highway 97D, to Logan Lake (47.1 km).
Travel is not recommended unless absolutely necessary.
Updated Sat. Nov 2 at 7:42 p.m.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)