Hwy. 5 travel advisory lifted
Nov 3, 2013 / 6:00 am
6 a.m. Nov. 3 update: The travel advisory has ended for Coquihalla. The alert was issue after black ice blanketed much of the route last night (Saturday).
Travellers can expect slushy with slippery Sections on the route today.
Hwy. 97C conditions:
Compact Snow, slushy with limited visibility due to fog patches from junction with Highway 5A, at Aspen Grove to Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) (49.5 km).
9:20 p.m. Nov. 2: DriveBC reports a Travel Advisory for Highway 5.
Highway 5 Both directions due to Black Ice from Merritt to Exit 336, Junction with Highway 97D, to Logan Lake (47.1 km).
Travel is not recommended unless absolutely necessary.
Updated Sat. Nov 2 at 7:42 p.m.
Read more BC News
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)