Drunk, hatchet-wielding man arrested
Nov 2, 2013 / 6:48 pm
RCMP say a 38-year-old man who barricaded himself inside a Port Alberni, home and damaged property with a hatchet has been arrested.
Mounties say a 911 caller reported that a drunk man at the residence was causing problems.
When officers showed up, the man refused to comply with orders to leave the home.
Police say an aggressive dog also charged at Mounties and that one of them discharged a firearm towards the animal, causing it to flee the area but that it was later captured.
The emergency response team was deployed and forced its way into the home just before 2 a.m. Saturday, when the man was arrested and a 15-year-old girl was found unharmed.
Weapons were seized and the man was expected to make a court appearance later Saturday.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)