Wanted woman crashes car in Kamloops
Oct 29, 2013 / 4:16 pm
A 61-year-old woman already wanted for eluding police earlier in the day, ended up catching herself by driving head-on into a pole.
When Kamloops RCMP were called to the scene of a single vehicle crash at Paul Lake Road and Chief Louis Way, they determined it was the same vehicle that a traffic member had attempted to stop earlier on the Halston Bridge.
The car was listed as belonging to a prohibited driver.
The driver immediately drove off and the police chose not to chase her. The officer was enroute to the home of the registered owner when the accident report came in.
The woman was taken to Royal Inland Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Police are continuing their investigation into the accident which may result in alcohol related charges, as well as motor vehicle act offences.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)