Lower Mainland riddled with bullets
Oct 28, 2013 / 7:52 am
A drive-by shooting in Saturday’s early morning hours in Surrey marked the third incident of gunfire in Metro Vancouver in less than 24 hours.
Just before 2 a.m. a single shot was fired into a home at 80th Avenue and 156th Street in Surrey, just six blocks away from the site of an on-going investigation into the fatal shooting of a man found in a car early Friday morning.
The unnamed victim was found slumped out of the driver’s side door of a vehicle parked in the driveway of a suburban home on 156th Street. Police said the shooting was targeted but do not have a motive at this point.
In another targeted shooting in East Vancouver Friday night a 29-year-old man was seriously injured and taken to hospital. Police say the victim was known to police but are still looking for a motive.
Anyone with information into any of the shootings is asked to contact police.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)