3 killed in float plane crash
Oct 24, 2013 / 2:38 pm
RCMP officers and rescue crews in Alert Bay were called to the scene of a float plane crash on West Cracroft Island, located off the northeast tip of Vancouver Island.
A Cessna 185 float plane crashed on the island near Potts Lagoon around 11:45 a.m. All three people on board the plane were found deceased.
Investigators have confirmed that the plane originated from the Port McNeill area, and continue to work on determining its intended destination. Further details will be released as they become available.
The BC Coroners Service has called in to the crash site and the Transportation Safety Board has also been notified.
Read more BC News
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
(Click for RSS instructions.)