Kamloops drunk goes on rampage
Oct 23, 2013 / 1:31 pm
A 22-year-old Kamloops man is facing multiple charges after crashing his truck into two parked vehicles, then rolling it early this morning.
Police allege the driver had been partying with friends in the 900-block of Gleneagles Drive when he got into a physical altercation with a former girlfriend. The man abruptly left the party around 2 a.m. and began driving his white 2011 Dodge D-150 truck at a high rate of speed.
He crashed his truck about a block and a half away from the party, and then is said to have called police and reported the truck as stolen. Police then say he walked back to the party and told his friends what had happened.
When police came to arrest the man, he tried to fight with an officer and was pepper sprayed before fleeing the scene. He was finally arrested nearby with the help of a police dog.
The vehicle driven by the suspect, along with a parked 2013 Kia Soul were thought to be wrecked beyond repair, while a 2001 Chevy Silverado sustained less damage.
Police believe that alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)