Logging truck spill kills motorcyclist
Oct 19, 2013 / 7:06 pm
A motorcyclist has been killed after being struck with logs spilled from an overturned logging truck near Whistler.
RCMP say the truck driver lost control on a bend as he was travelling southbound on Highway 99.
A northbound vehicle was also hit by the truck but police say the occupants were not hurt.
They were taken to a health care centre as a precautionary measure after the incident Saturday afternoon.
The truck driver has been hospitalized with undetermined injuries.
The highway is expected to be closed in both directions for several hours as investigators examine the scene.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)