Druggies cause explosion
Oct 16, 2013 / 8:45 am
Emergency crews raced to a home in the 300-block of Stevens Drive in Kamloops last night (Tuesday) after an explosion inside a home.
Crews determined that three people, including an adult and two youths, had been attempting to extract oil from marijuana clippings with the help of butane.
It’s believed that gas from the butane may have accumulated and then ignited, resulting in the explosion that blew out a number of windows in the home.
Two people were taken to hospital and treated for minor injuries and a neighbour who came to help was also taken to hospital for treatment.
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)