Hwy. 1 near Yale opens after MVI
Oct 15, 2013 / 7:00 am
7 a.m. Update: DriveBC reports that Hwy., 1 near Yale, has reopened after an accident closed the route yesterday.
Drive BC is reporting that Highway 1 is closed in both directions two kilometres west of Yale due to a motor vehicle collision. Unconfirmed social media activity suggests a serious accident, with possibly two people trapped, and the dispatch of BC Air Ambulance. These details, however, have not been confirmed.
Estimated time of opening is between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. There is no local detour available. Drive BC is recommending that motorists take Highway 8 to Merritt, Highway 5 to Hope. Estimated additional travel time is 60 to 90 minutes.
Next update is expected at 11 p.m. Click here to check the Drive BC website for updates.
Send pics and video to [email protected]
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)