Arrests made in murder of BC man
Oct 14, 2013 / 7:23 pm
Honduras authorities have arrested and charged a suspect in the shooting death of an Abbotsford man a year ago.
Tim Alexandre Vallee-Apostolakis, who worked as a conservation officer, was staying on the island of Roatan – a picturesque island off the Honduran coast.
Local media reports suggested the 34-year-old had been out bar-hopping with a pair of Honduran women when two men in a pickup truck approached him and demanded his smartphone – then fatally shot him in the head.
Police arrested one man at the time, and now a Roatan newspaper has reported another man who is the suspected shooter is in jail awaiting trial.
The Bay Islands Voice said Roger Natividad Ruiz Avila has been transported back to the country’s mainland, where he will be held in custody.
Ruiz has reportedly been charged with aggravated robbery and homicide.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)