Woman gets in fake cab, is assaulted
Oct 14, 2013 / 1:13 pm
A 25-year-old Vancouver woman is recovering from a severe beating and sexual assault in a vehicle that she thought was a cab.
Const. Brian Montague says the woman believed she'd hailed a taxi for a ride home from the city's Gastown district at about 2:30 a.m. on Saturday.
He says the woman was driven to east Vancouver, where she was physically and sexually assaulted in a dark-coloured mini van with sliding doors on both sides.
Montague says the victim, who is extremely traumatized, managed to break free and run to a passerby for help.
Police are appealing to the public in identifying a suspect matching the description of a 35- to 39-year-old overweight aboriginal man with a shaved head.
Montague says the man may own or have access to the mini van that was mistaken for a taxi.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)