Student sexually assaulted at UBC
Oct 14, 2013 / 10:03 am
A female UBC student was sexually assaulted while returning to her campus apartment on the 2700 block of Fairveiw Cres. Sunday morning.
At approximately 3:30 a.m, the 20-year-old female was approached from behind by an unknown male who emerged suddenly from a stairwell within the building where the woman lived.
The male attempted to remove the woman's coat while placing a hand under her skirt.The woman managed to break free from the lone attacker and screamed for help, causing the male suspect to flee on foot.
The woman was unharmed and did not require any medical attention.
The suspect is described as Caucasian, mid to late 20s. He is approximately 5'10" with a medium build, and was wearing a dark hoodie.
Police are seeking the assistance of the public in identifying the male responsible for this incident. Please provide any information to the University RCMP at 604-224-1322 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS
UBC RCMP would like to remind everyone walking on campus at night to be vigilant of their surroundings and potential vulnerability when alone.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)