5A near Merritt now clear
Oct 14, 2013 / 7:40 pm
7:40 p.m. Oct 14 update:
Castanet has received an updated from Drive BC that Highway 5A is now clear.
7:25 p.m. Oct. 14 update:
According to Drive BC, highway 5A is still reduced to single lane alternating traffic as hydro crews work to repair damage from a collision that took place on Sunday.
7 a.m. Oct. 14 update:
Highway 5A Both directions.
Hydro lines down 5 km north of Merritt. The road is reduced to single lane alternating traffic.
11:23 p.m. update: Highway 5A remains closed in both directions 5 km north of Merritt because of downed power lines resulting from an earlier collision. Detour via Highway 5 Coquihalla.
Estimated time of opening between 12:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
Highway 5A is closed in both directions five kilometres north of Merritt due to a major vehicle collision.
Detour via Highway 5.
For more information visit the DriveBC website.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)