Landslide near UBC; no one hurt
Oct 13, 2013 / 7:16 pm
The RCMP says no one was hurt in a landslide near the University of British Columbia campus in Vancouver, but they're asking the public to stay clear of the area.
A news release says the slide happened Sunday afternoon in an area of Pacific Spirit Park commonly known as Trail 5, in between the university campus and the slopes that lead into the water below.
The slide left behind a sheer cliff about 180 metres to the shore.
The RCMP and local fire officials have conducted a preliminary assessment, determining there were no people caught up in the slide.
The Mounties say the scene is still an active slide area and has been barricaded to prevent people from accessing the site.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)