Search for missing 78-year-old continues
Oct 13, 2013 / 1:47 pm
Search-and-rescue crews in the B.C. Interior are spending the long weekend looking for a 78-year-old man who's been missing for a week.
Vern Boettger from the small community of Vavenby, about 150 kilometres north of Kamloops, hasn't been seen since last Oct. 6.
The RCMP says Boettger was last seen in his pickup truck.
Sgt. Kevin Podbisky says search-and-rescue crews from Kamloops and McBride have been called in to help the searchers from Clearwater who have already been on the case.
Podbisky says the search has been expanded, but so far there's been no sign of Boettger.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)