Shooting victim had gang ties
Oct 12, 2013 / 1:22 pm
Vancouver police say the man killed in a "targeted shooting" was tied to gangs and drugs.
The force has identified 32-year-old La Van Truong Phan as the victim of a shooting shortly after midnight on Friday morning.
Police officers responded to 911 calls about shots fired, and found Phan lying in the backyard of his home with gunshot wounds.
He was transported to hospital and died of his injuries.
Police aren't speculating on motive, but a news release says Phan was associated with gangs and the drug trade.
The shooting is Vancouver's fifth homicide of the year.
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)