Burnaby women warned of assaults
Oct 11, 2013 / 7:37 pm
Burnaby RCMP is investigating a series of assaults where women were grabbed by a masked male in the area of Lougheed Highway and Government Street in Burnaby.
Three incidents have been reported since Tuesday and all three assaults occurred in the late evening between 10 p.m. and midnight. In all three incidents, the women resisted and/or screamed, resulting in the suspect immediately fleeing on foot.
The suspect is described as: 5 feet 3 inches to 5 feet 9 inches slim build; unknown ethnicity; dark clothing; possibly wearing a hooded sweatshirt; and a black mask covering the face.
Burnaby RCMP are warning the local public and want to encourage all individuals to exercise caution when walking in the area late at night. Women are encouraged to travel in pairs and to always remain aware of their surroundings.
If you have any information related to these offences, or any assaults with similar circumstances that have not been reported to police, please contact the Burnaby RCMP High Risk Offender Unit at 604 294-7922.
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)