Burn victims turn up at hospital
Oct 8, 2013 / 11:05 am
Vancouver police say two men possibly connected to a fiery car crash initially believed to involve a mobile meth lab have turned up at a Metro Vancouver hospital.
Police say the two men, aged 19 and 25, have severe burns to their upper body, arms, hands, head and face, and both remain in serious condition at a Coquitlam hospital.
A white van apparently rear ended an SUV on Monday, mounted the curb of the south Vancouver street, crashed into a wall and caught fire.
Police say two men were seen fleeing the scene, and as fire crews attempted to put out the flames, several explosions occurred.
Officers are looking for the owner of the van, which they now say did not contain contraband drugs but was illegally carrying large amounts of gasoline.
The two occupants of the SUV were treated for minor injuries and released from hospital.
Read more BC News
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
(Click for RSS instructions.)