Drunk driver gets spiked
Oct 7, 2013 / 8:14 am
RCMP in Kamloops were forced to use a spike strip to stop an impaired driver trying to flee from police over the weekend.
The incident began after an officer attempted to stop a vehicle driving erratically on Tranquille Road just before 10 p.m. last night.
The vehicle sped off and was later seen by another officer. As police brought the vehicle to a stop on the Summit connector, it fled a second time. Officers were set up on McGill Road, where the suspect blew past one roadblock and then came upon a second roadblock where a spike belt was successfully deployed.
A 24-year-old man with a lengthy criminal record was taken into custody and faces charges relating to impaired driving, two counts of failing to comply with a probation order and other driving related offences.
Read more BC News
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
(Click for RSS instructions.)