Vernon's Josh Dueck named flag-bearer
Josh Dueck has been named Canada's flag-bearer for the closing ceremony of the Sochi Paralympic Winter Games.
The 33-year-old sit-skier, originally form Vernon, won a gold medal in the super combined and a silver in the downhill.
The gold medal was the first of Dueck's career.
He also won a Paralympic silver in slalom at the 2010 Games in Vancouver.
Wheelchair curler Sonja Gaudet was Canada's flag-bearer for the opening ceremony.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more 2014 Sochi Games articles
- Vernon's Josh Dueck named flag-bearer Mar 16
- Josh Dueck wins Canada's third gold Mar 14
- Canada gets first gold at Paralympics Mar 10
- Vernon's Gaudet to carry Paralympic flag Mar 5
- Olympic focus shifts to South Korea Feb 24
- Rockets come up big at Olympics Feb 23
- Russia closes costliest Olympics ever Feb 23
- Steve Yzerman to leave Team Canada Feb 23
(Click for RSS instructions.)