Women mine bobsleigh gold
Canada's Kaillie Humphries piloted Canada 1 to this countries fifth gold medal at the Sochi Olympics.
Humphries and brakeman Heather Moyes defended their Olympic title in the women's bobsleigh event - the first women to win back-to-back Olympic gold in women's bobsleigh.
The Canadian women were .23 seconds behind the top American team after the first two runs of the event Tuesday.
Humphries cut the deficit to .11 seconds after the third run then blew past the US in the final run to win the event by .10 seconds.
The gold improves Canada's medal total to 18, five gold, nine silver and four bronze.
Read more 2014 Sochi Games articles
- Vernon's Gaudet to carry Paralympic flag Mar 5
- Olympic focus shifts to South Korea Feb 24
- Rockets come up big at Olympics Feb 23
- Russia closes costliest Olympics ever Feb 23
- Steve Yzerman to leave Team Canada Feb 23
- Canada finishes fourth in medal count Feb 23
- Our game, our gold Feb 23
- Canada's flag bearers will be ... Feb 23
(Click for RSS instructions.)