Rise of the Guardians
Release date: November 21, 2012
When an evil spirit known as Pitch the Bogeyman (Jude Law) tries to take over the world by inspiring fear in the hearts of children, the immortal Guardians, aka heroes from different childhood storiesJack Frost (Chris Pine), Easter Bunny (Hugh Jackman), Tooth Fairy (Isla Fisher), Sandman and Santa Claus (Alec Baldwin)must join forces for the first time to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children all over the world.
The film is based on William Joyce's book The Guardians of Childhood however, there are some differences between the book and the movie. The book explores the origins of the characters while the film shows how these characters function in present time. One of the reasons for making them different was so that audiences wouldn't compare the book to the movie. So, according to the author, the book served as more of an inspiration for the world in the movie as opposed to being the basis of its plot.
Runtime: 97 min
Director: Peter Ramsey
Studio: DreamWorks Animation
Producers: Nancy Bernstein, Christina Steinberg
Screenplay: David Lindsay-Abaire
Cast: Chris Pine,Alec Baldwin,Hugh Jackman,Isla Fisher,Jude Law,Dakota Goyo
- Stacy Keibler to have kids 'as soon as possible'
- Car of the Future
- All-star comedy in K-town this week
- Andre 3000 dedicated to Hendrix role
- Selena Gomez' parents 'vehemently opposed' to reunion with Justin Bieber
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I want a dumb role
- Zac Efron 'thinking about' High School Musical reunion film
- Charlie Sheen quits drinking
- Yosemite Timelapse
- Paparazzi - March 10th, 2014