Rise of the Guardians
Release date: November 21, 2012
When an evil spirit known as Pitch the Bogeyman (Jude Law) tries to take over the world by inspiring fear in the hearts of children, the immortal Guardians, aka heroes from different childhood storiesJack Frost (Chris Pine), Easter Bunny (Hugh Jackman), Tooth Fairy (Isla Fisher), Sandman and Santa Claus (Alec Baldwin)must join forces for the first time to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children all over the world.
The film is based on William Joyce's book The Guardians of Childhood however, there are some differences between the book and the movie. The book explores the origins of the characters while the film shows how these characters function in present time. One of the reasons for making them different was so that audiences wouldn't compare the book to the movie. So, according to the author, the book served as more of an inspiration for the world in the movie as opposed to being the basis of its plot.
Runtime: 97 min
Director: Peter Ramsey
Studio: DreamWorks Animation
Producers: Nancy Bernstein, Christina Steinberg
Screenplay: David Lindsay-Abaire
Cast: Chris Pine,Alec Baldwin,Hugh Jackman,Isla Fisher,Jude Law,Dakota Goyo
- Amelymeloptical illusion
- Kim Kardashian gone into 'extreme dieting mode' for wedding
- Jeremy Piven 'flirting' with Nina Agdal
- Beyonce and Paul McCartney work out together
- Idris Elba and girlfriend welcome a baby boy
- Kris Jenner doing 'great' after health scare
- James Franco's ex-manager stole from him?
- Chocolate really is good for you!
- Nan on a roller coaster
- Taylor Momsen loves New York