Release date: November 30, 2012
Late 19th century, Russian high society. At the age of 18, demure and elegant socialite Anna Karenina (Keira Knightley) has been promised to marry senior statesman Count Alexei Alexandrovich Karenin (Jude Law).
Her new husband is 20 years Anna's senior and although the young woman doesn't love her rather dull and unemotional spouse, she bears him a son.
While at a ball, Anna finds herself attracted to a young, wealthy cavalry officer named Count Vronsky (Aaron Johnson). Vronsky is captivated by Anna's beauty and grace and it doesn't take long for the young man to profess his unyielding love and desire to wed this already-married woman.
Anna cannot deny feeling a strong connection to Vronsky, but when her husband finds about about the two of them, he threatens to deny Anna access to her young son. Despite the handsome young aristocrat's passionate bid for her love, Anna struggles to accept the Count's conditions whilst abiding by the guidelines put in place by her blueblood upper class society.
Based on the classic novel by Leo Tolstoy.
Runtime: 130 min
Director: Joe Wright
Studio: Alliance Films
Producer: Tim Bevan
Screenplay: Tom Stoppard
Cast: Keira Knightley,Jude Law,Aaron Taylor-Johnson,Kelly Macdonald,Domhnall Gleeson
- William H. Macy has renewed love for film industry
- Kim Kardashian West submitted 2,000 selfies for book
- Paparazzi - October 24th, 2014
- Ninja Bean
- Taylor Swift 'scared' of being framed for murder
- The Situation pleads not guilty to tax fraud
- Keira Knightley to make Broadway debut
- Jennifer Lawrence wants to be 'rock star girlfriend'
- Time Waster - Funny photos
- Britney Spears earns 1m per week