Release date: November 30, 2012
Late 19th century, Russian high society. At the age of 18, demure and elegant socialite Anna Karenina (Keira Knightley) has been promised to marry senior statesman Count Alexei Alexandrovich Karenin (Jude Law).
Her new husband is 20 years Anna's senior and although the young woman doesn't love her rather dull and unemotional spouse, she bears him a son.
While at a ball, Anna finds herself attracted to a young, wealthy cavalry officer named Count Vronsky (Aaron Johnson). Vronsky is captivated by Anna's beauty and grace and it doesn't take long for the young man to profess his unyielding love and desire to wed this already-married woman.
Anna cannot deny feeling a strong connection to Vronsky, but when her husband finds about about the two of them, he threatens to deny Anna access to her young son. Despite the handsome young aristocrat's passionate bid for her love, Anna struggles to accept the Count's conditions whilst abiding by the guidelines put in place by her blueblood upper class society.
Based on the classic novel by Leo Tolstoy.
Runtime: 130 min
Director: Joe Wright
Studio: Alliance Films
Producer: Tim Bevan
Screenplay: Tom Stoppard
Cast: Keira Knightley,Jude Law,Aaron Taylor-Johnson,Kelly Macdonald,Domhnall Gleeson
- Keith Richards writes children's book
- Britney Spears to wed at Graceland?
- Kim Kardashian crashes her car
- Kate Winslet to receive Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- Kristen Bell peed in a jar before Oscars
- Time Waster - Best of the web photos
- Taylor Swift named Billboard's 'Top Money Maker'
- Bieber will go to trial in US on May 5
- Rob Kardashian doesn't want to attend Kim's wedding due to weight
- Jennie Garth put on weight after Peter Facinelli split