Release date: October 26, 2012
Cloud Atlas begins by introducing us to its many protagonists whose stories take place decades and even centuries apart. We meet naïve 18th century lawyer Adam Ewing (Jim Sturgess); a handsome young composer named Robert Frobisher (Ben Whishaw) living in the 1930s, hippie journalist Luisa Rey (Halle Berry) reporting in the 1970s, publisher Timothy Cavendish (Jim Broadbent) living in the present day, Korean clone worker Somni-451 in the distant future and finally a tribesman named Zachary (Tom Hanks) in post-apocalyptic Hawaii.
The lives of these seemingly unrelated characters are inexplicably linked through fate, chance and emotion. As each character faces dilemmaswhether issues of life or death or establishing liberation from a life of slavery or servitudeCloud Atlas arches on the belief that our actions and destinies may not always be our own and the sometimes unexplainable feelings of reincarnation and déjà vu that humans experience have actual meaning.
Runtime: 172 min
Directors: Tom Tykwer,Lana Wachowski,Andy Wachowski
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Producers: Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski, Stefan Arndt
Screenplay: Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
Cast: Tom Hanks,Halle Berry,Jim Broadbent,Hugo Weaving,Jim Sturgess,Doona Bae,Ben Whishaw,James D'Arcy,Xun Zhou,Keith David,David Gyasi,Susan Sarandon,Hugh Grant
- Paparazzi - October 24th, 2014
- Ninja Bean
- Taylor Swift 'scared' of being framed for murder
- The Situation pleads not guilty to tax fraud
- Keira Knightley to make Broadway debut
- Jennifer Lawrence wants to be 'rock star girlfriend'
- Time Waster - Funny photos
- Britney Spears earns 1m per week
- Bill Murray can't imagine joining Tinder
- Paparazzi - October 23rd, 2014