Killing Them Softly
Release date: November 30, 2012
Frankie (Scoot McNairy) and Russell (Ben Mendelsohn), two not-too-bright ex-cons, are hired by John "The Squirrel" Amato to disrupt a high-stakes backroom poker game, rob the players and frame someone else for the job. That someone else is the card game's manager Markie Trattman (Ray Liotta), who's suspected of staging a previous poker robbery.
Unfortunately, the game was under the protection of the mob, whose lawyer (Richard Jenkins) is ordered to find those responsible and take care of them. He hires hitman Jackie Cogan (Brad Pitt) to track down the small-time punks.
The film is based on the 1974 crime novel Cogan's Trade by George V. Higgins. However, director/writer Andrew Dominik decided to update the setting of the story from Boston to New Orleans.
Runtime: 97 min
Director: Andrew Dominik
Studio: Alliance Films
Producers: Dede Gardner, Paula Mae Schwartz, Brad Pitt, Steve Schwartz
Screenplay: Andrew Dominik
Cast: Brad Pitt,Ray Liotta,Richard Jenkins,James Gandolfini,Sam Shepard,Scoot McNairy,Max Casella,Bella Heathcote,Garret Dillahunt,Ben Mendelsohn
- Drew Barrymore's half sister found dead
- Orlando Bloom fights with Justin Bieber
- Daniel Radcliffe shaves fan's head
- Paparazzi - July 30th, 2014
- Chloe Grace Moretz doesn't want a boyfriend
- Freddie Prinze Jr. blasted by former '24' star
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis to wed next July
- Time Waster - Funny photos
- Ariana Grande reveals rift with father