Comments on Castanet stories are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Castanet wants you to participate by sending comments, videos, photos, story ideas and feedback.
By submitting Your Content, you grant us the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free, in perpetuity. Your Content may be published on Castanet owned or controlled platforms, and may even be included in our stories. Castanet cannot guarantee that Your Content will be published. We may also edit Your Content for length, size or clarity. Your Content may be indexed by Internet search engines. Castanet has no obligation to remove Your Content from its platforms even if you make a request. You should think carefully about your intent and the consequence of publication of any of Your Content.
When you share Your Content with us:
- Keep Your Content relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- If you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words such as "allegedly").
- Castanet reserves its right to take-down any external link.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your Content must be created and owned by you, including any music and artwork. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution). If the majority of Your Content was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it won't be accepted.
- Any of Your Content that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of Your Content is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in Your Content (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Be sensitive in 'Your Content' regarding the death or injury of private individual, especially children.
- Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
If you violate any of these guidelines, Your Content will not be accepted and your account may be suspended or blocked.