Here's the list of most frequently asked questions. Click a question to see the answer:
1. Avoid spam, do not post your email address in your ad. Use your phone number.
2. Don't deal with buyers outside Canada. Be wary of prospective buyers who don't have a basic grasp of English.
3. Don't deal with buyers who wish to pay via Western Union or some other unusual method.
4. Don't send money back to buyers who "overpay" you. The funds they initially sent you will bounce.
5. Be very careful if you receive a TEXT message regarding your ad. This has become a very common tool for scammers to try to obtain your email address and other information. If you are unsure, do NOT reply and simply block the caller on your cell phone.
6. Don't reply to prospective scam messages. Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll let you know if it is suspicious and disable the scammer's account.