Sep 11, 2013 / 9:06 am
Police say a man found dead in a London, Ont., hotel room was stabbed and dismembered.
A post-mortem examination of the victim, who police have identified as 20-year-old Alex Fraser of Orangeville, is continuing.
But police say it has been determined that the victim died from the stabbing.
Officers discovered the body after responding to a 911 call Sunday night at a Travelodge hotel in the city's south end, and a man was arrested at the scene.
James McCullough, 20, also of Orangeville, is charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of committing an indignity to a human body.
McCullough remains in custody and was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday by video.
Read more Canada News
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill