Vernon and North Okanagan
Jul 19, 2013 / 8:25 am
A boil water notice remains in place for customers supplied by the Kalamalka Lake water supply.
The 24 hour notice went into effect Thursday night at 9:20 p.m. after a power outage caused an automated valve to remain open, which led to untreated water entering the distribution system.
The Regional District of the North Okanagan has responded by flushing the affected areas, and the distribution system is now back to normal.
All customers should exercise caution when using the water for consumption, and should boil it for at least one minute for the following uses:
- washing fruits and vegetables
- making beverages or ice
- brushing teeth
For more information call the RDNO at 250-550-3700 or check their website for updates.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29