Jul 19, 2013 / 9:40 am
One of our readers sent us photos of a vehicle fire they came across Thursday July 18.
The trailer and the vehicle were disconnected, but both were fully engulfed by the time Nick Pace drove by.
Pace operates Trout Waters Fly and Tackle based in Kelowna. He was coming back from fishing with clients when he came upon the blaze.
"Props up to the driver for pulling over on the lake side of the road. On the other side there are homes and it could have taken off into the forest."
Pace says it was a tractor-trailer pulling a flatbed loaded with hay that went up in flames.
"The driver managed to disengage the truck from the flatbed but it was already too late," says Pace.
The burn-up happened near Kidd Lake, by the turn off to Aspen Grove.
Forestry was on hand to stop the blaze from spreading, while flaggers directed traffic around the incident.
Read more BC News
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)