A memorial for Cory Monteith will take place in Los Angeles on Friday (07.19.13).
The 31-year-old 'Glee' actor died from a combination of alcohol and heroin in a hotel room in Vancouver last weekend and although his body was cremated earlier this week, his friends are putting together a memorial at his home in LA, where they can pay tribute to him.
A source told In Touch magazine: "It's at his house. The invite was informal - just a Facebook message telling us to come to the house at night."
"Everyone is going to tell funny stories and bring photos."
Meanwhile, Cory's co-star Jane Lynch paid tribute to the late actor for his enthusiasm for life.
Talking on the 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' she said: "I always admired how he would get up ... you know, he would fly to Mexico, he'd throw parties for his friends. I don't think he left one day unlived. He was a real bright light in our family and we've lost a really great guy."
The actress thought Cory had one of the "biggest hearts" and was gracious about the opportunities 'Glee' gave him.
She added: "Cory's one of the biggest hearts, was a real bright light. He was one of those guys that ... you know, he knew he was breathing rarified air ... the gifts that this wonderful show gave us."
- Jennifer Lopez's mom guiltEntertainment 10:35 am - 519 views
- Raffi coming to KCTEntertainment 10:33 am - 225 views
- Coldplay's tribute to PrinceEntertainment 9:16 am - 746 views
- Zoe Saldana's 8.7m home Entertainment 9:14 am - 335 views
- Depp's box office flopEntertainment 9:12 am - 449 views
- Craig's Bond exhaustionEntertainment 3,298 views
- Amber Heard living in fearEntertainment 2,530 views
- Khloe's reason for divorceEntertainment 2,272 views
- Local musician needs votesEntertainment 1,512 views