Jul 18, 2013 / 6:12 am
Weeks after the torrential flooding that devastated some properties alongside Mission Creek, the Regional District of the Central Okanagan will be cleaning up the area at the request of the Provincial Government.
Emergency Management BC has approved funding for the project that will see the collection of man-made residual debris – namely the material found downstream of a Joe Rich property that washed away last month.
An initial assessment has been completed and a bidding process is currently underway for qualified contractors to carry out the project. The cleanup itself will begin once the contract has been awarded and Mission Creek drops to a lower level.
Property owners alongside the creek and downstream of the property can make reports to the Regional District Community Services department at 250-469-6241.
Do you have debris from the Joe Rich property near you? After you contact the RDCO, send photos to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3